CHRISTINE GOLDBECK, MFA-IA
203 North Union St., Middletown, PA 17057
PROFILE: Strong foundation in creative writing, policy and law, visual arts, teaching, and computer operations are complemented by reputation for initiative, achievement and interpersonal skills.
Master of Fine Arts –Interdisciplinary Arts (MFA-IA) 2005,
Goddard College, Plainfield, VT.
Bachelor of Arts – 2003
Owner 1989-Present: Arts on Union, Middletown, PA
• Designer/Webmaster of christinegoldbeck.com and artsonunion.com
• Proprietor of Arts on Union Fine Arts Gallery & Design Studio.
• Marketing and Communications Director for Arts on Union services and products.
• Executive Board Member, Greater Middletown Economic Development Corp.
• Team member for Goddard College Alumni Council outreach and marketing strategy.
• Freelance Writer/Photographer/Artist – articles, editorials, book reviews, essays, photographs and art published in many print and web consumer, consumer and trade publications and daily/weekly and niche newspapers.
• Former Pennsylvania Humanities Council Commonwealth Speaker.
• Pennsylvania Humanities Council Read About It! Book Discussion facilitator.
• Publicity Director and Photographer, 2004 Pennwriters Annual Conference.
• Independent Contractor for ACT to research and write test items for the Foreign Service Written Examination (U.S. Department of State).
• Independent Contractor for ACT to review/edit test items for the Foreign Service Written Examination (U.S. Department of State).
• Design and conduct classes for writers, artists and students.
• Complete art and photography commissions.
• Review portfolios, issue calls to artists, organize, market and present guest artist shows.
Executive Director May 2007-Present
House Urban Affairs Committee, PA. House of Representatives, Harrisburg, PA
• Research and analyze bills referred to committee, existing state and federal legislation, regulation, policy and issues regarding Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and third class cities.
• Research and address constituent inquiries.
• Prepare policy recommendations.
• Draft legislation and amendments.
• Coordinate meetings and public hearings.
• Work with industry, trade and community groups, public agencies and educational institutions to address policy issues, vet legislation and obtain feedback on committee issues.
• Train and supervise writers, analysts, interns.
- SOLO EXHIBIT, East Wing Rotunda, Pennsylvania Capitol, Harrisburg, PA – Dec 2013
- Gallery Walk, Mixed Media Art Group, Harrisburg, PA – Sept 2013.
- FEATURED ARTIST, The Gallery at La Cigale, Mount Gretna, PA – July 2013.
- DAILY PAINTERS OF PENNSYLVANIA, Brath and Hughes Fine Art, Mechanicsburg, PA – July 2013
- DAILY PAINTERS OF PENNSYLVANIA, Fourth Annual Exhibition, PA East Wing Capitol Rotunda, Harrisburg, June 2013.
- I Wish We Were There. Co-curator of online exhibition, Goddard College Alumni, 2013
- CENTER STAGE at PENN STATE MILTON S. HERSHEY MEDICAL CENTER, Juried Art Exhibition, May 2013- July 2013.
- AN EVENING WITH THE ARTISTS, supporting CONTACT Helpline, Central PA’s 211, Harrisburg, PA – April 27, 2013.
- MIXED MEDIA ART GROUP, PA East Wing Capitol Rotunda, Harrisburg, March 2013.
- MIXED MEDIA ART GROUP, Arts on Union, Middletown, Pa, Nov. 2012- Jan 2013.
- COMING TO BROOKLYN, Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition, Sept.-October 2012
- 24th Harrisburg Gallery Walk, Pine Street Presbyterian Church, Sept. 2012
- HOME AT LAST, juried exhibition, Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, Sept. 7 – Dec. 1, 2012.
- THE CANDY FACTORY, LANCASTER, PA Dec. 2011, “Everyday” exhibition.
- Philadelphia Sketch Club PHOTOgraphy 2011, juried exhibition, Nov. 2011
- EAST WING CAPITOL ROTUNDA, PA CAPITOL June 2011 &2012, Daily Painters of Pennsylvania.
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT 2009-2011, Pennsylvania Photographs.
- AYR SPACE, ONTARIO, CANADA March-April 2011, International Women Celebrate.
- FLOWER POWER – Los Angeles, CA December 2010.
- SOLO EXHIBIT – WITF PUBLIC MEDIA STATION July 2010 “Evolving Naturally” – Photographs and Paintings.
- CURATOR/MARKETING DIRECTOR April 2007, A Block of Art – Pottsville, PA.
- SOLO EXHIBIT January 2007, East Wing Rotunda PA House of Representatives.
SELECTED TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
• Basics of Digital Photography 2011, 2012, 2013
• Intermediate Digital Photography, 2012 – 2013
• Experimental Mixed Media 2012-2013
Art Association of Harrisburg
• Digital Photography for Artists
• Basics of Digital Photography 2009 – current
Arts on Union -2008-current
– classes, workshops, private lessons
• Digital Photography
• Photoshop Editing for Photographers
• Photoshop for Artists
• Photoshop for Mixed Media Artists
• Mixed Media Painting
• Art Journaling
• Web Design for Artists
Pottsville Free Public Library, Pottsville, PA 2001-2007
• Developed and facilitated book discussion programs. Programs developed included historical fiction, comparative religion, memoir, art and artists, mystery, medical science and technology.
• Wrote grant applications and obtained grants to fund book purchases, marketing/advertising and program books.
• Designed program materials.
Pottsville Free Public Library, Pottsville, PA 2006-2007
Outside the Margins: Making Altered Books
• Developed syllabus for public art project.
• Instructed artists and students.
• Developed and maintained class weblog.
• Organized silent auction of books to benefit the library.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- • “A Few Rants (and some details) about Rage, John O’Hara’s Pennsylvania,” Second Annual Harrisburg Book Festival, Midtown Scholar, November 2011
• Listening to Water The Susquehanna Watershed Anthology. Cover Artist. 2006
• Story, Image and Music. 2006.
• Hyperfiction, Creative Writing for Screen Space. 2006.
• This is Painting? (Interactive presentation, digital art). 2006.
• COALlective Art Multimedia Presentation, Canals, Railroads & Coal History Symposium, Eckley Miners Village, PA, 2006 and Action in Place Conference, Vermont, 2005.
• Oh! What a Web We Weave. Art Teacher Evidenced Ideas, Resources and Proven Possibilities for the Secondary Art Teacher. Jodi A. Patterson, 2005, p 36-37.
• O’Hara Works Endure Time, Criticism. Article and curriculum questions, Schuylkill County Chronicles 2004 and Beyond, educational supplement for high school students.
• Coal Mining in American Literature, Art and Song. 2004-2008.
• A Tribute to O’Hara and Other Stories. Author, short story collection, McKeever Publications, 2000.
• All Writing is Regional. Lecture delivered for John O’Hara celebration, Pennsylvania, 2005.
• Convergence Design. Author of critical overview Convergence Design: Creating the User Experience for Interactive Television, Wireless and Broadband. TEKKA online new media publication, VOl. 1, No. 3, 2004. http:/www.tekka.net
• Reclamation: A One Woman, One Act Play. Author/Actor, Goddard College, Vermont, 2003.
• Guest Author. East Tennessee State University Celebration of Books and Authors, ETSU, Johnson City, TN, 2002.
- Viewbug, “Well-Done” Award, “Dawn,” photograph, July 2013.
- Viewbug, “Thumbs Up” Award, Practice,” a photograph, March 2013.
- Woman in History Award, YWCA of Pottsville, PA, 2006.
- 2003-2005 Individual Creative Artist Special Opportunity Stipend, fiction writing, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
- Numerous regional, state and national journalism, creative writing and photography awards, 1990 – 1996.
- Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, Juried Member
- Art Association of Harrisburg
- Daily Painters of Pennsylvania, Juried Member
- Mixed Media Art Group. Juried Member