CHRISTINE GOLDBECK, MFA-IA
203 North Union St., Middletown, PA 17057
Master of Fine Arts –Interdisciplinary Arts (MFA-IA) 2005,
Goddard College, Plainfield, VT.
Bachelor of Arts – 2003
Owner 1989-Present: Arts on Union, Middletown, PA
• Designer/Webmaster of christinegoldbeck.com and artsonunion.com
- Proprietor of Arts on Union Fine Arts Gallery & Design Studio.
- Freelance Writer/Photographer/Artist – articles, editorials, book reviews, essays, photographs and art published in many print and web consumer, consumer and trade publications and daily/weekly and niche newspapers.
• Design and teach classes for photographers, painters and student artists.
• Complete art and photography commissions.
• Review portfolios, issue calls to artists, organize, market and curate guest artist exhibitions
Executive Director May 2007-Present
House Urban Affairs Committee, PA. House of Representatives, Harrisburg, PA
• Research and analyze bills referred to committee.
- Research and address constituent inquiries.
• Prepare policy recommendations.
• Draft legislation and amendments.
• Coordinate meetings and public hearings.
• Work with industry, trade and community groups, public agencies and educational institutions to address policy issues, vet legislation and obtain feedback on committee issues.
• Train and supervise writers, analysts, interns.
SELECT RECENT EXHIBITS
- FEATURED ARTIST, Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, Lancaster, PA – Feb. 2014
- SOLO EXHIBIT, East Wing Rotunda, Pennsylvania Capitol, Harrisburg, PA – Dec 2013
- Gallery Walk, Mixed Media Art Group, Harrisburg, PA – Sept 2014.
- FEATURED ARTIST, The Gallery at La Cigale, Mount Gretna, PA – July 2013.
- DAILY PAINTERS OF PENNSYLVANIA, Brath and Hughes Fine Art, Mechanicsburg, PA – July 2013
- DAILY PAINTERS OF PENNSYLVANIA, Fourth Annual Exhibition, PA East Wing Capitol Rotunda, Harrisburg, June 2013.
- I Wish We Were There. Co-curator of online exhibition, Goddard College Alumni, 2013
- CENTER STAGE at PENN STATE MILTON S. HERSHEY MEDICAL CENTER, Juried Art Exhibition, May 2013- July 2013 and Spring 2014.
- AN EVENING WITH THE ARTISTS, supporting CONTACT Helpline, Central PA’s 211, Harrisburg, PA – April 27, 2013.
- MIXED MEDIA ART GROUP, PA East Wing Capitol Rotunda, Harrisburg, March 2013.
- MIXED MEDIA ART GROUP, Arts on Union, Middletown, Pa, Nov. 2012- Jan 2013.
- COMING TO BROOKLYN, Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition, Sept.-October 2012
- HOME AT LAST, juried exhibition, Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, Sept. 7 – Dec. 1, 2012.
- THE CANDY FACTORY, LANCASTER, PA Dec. 2011, “Everyday” exhibition.
- Philadelphia Sketch Club PHOTOgraphy 2011, juried exhibition, 2011
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT 2009-2011, Pennsylvania Photographs.
- AYR SPACE, ONTARIO, CANADA March-April 2011, International Women Celebrate.
- FLOWER POWER – Los Angeles, CA December 2010.
- SOLO EXHIBIT – WITF PUBLIC MEDIA STATION July 2010, “Evolving Naturally.”
- CURATOR/MARKETING DIRECTOR April 2007, A Block of Art – Pottsville, PA.
- SOLO EXHIBIT January 2007, East Wing Rotunda PA House of Representatives.
SELECT TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
• Basics of Digital Photography 2011 – Current
- Intermediate Digital Photography, 2012 – Current
- Experimental Mixed Media 2012-Current
Art Association of Harrisburg
• Digital Photography for Artists
• Basics of Digital Photography 2009 – 2011
Hershey Area Art Association
• Basics of Digital Photography – 2014
• Experimental Mixed Media – 2013 – current
Arts on Union -2008-current
• Digital Photography
• Photoshop Editing
• Photoshop for Artists
• Mixed Media Painting
• Social Media for Artists
• Web Design for Artists
Pottsville Free Public Library, Pottsville, PA 2001-2007
• Developed and facilitated book discussion programs. Programs developed included historical fiction, comparative religion, memoir, art and artists, mystery, medical science and technology.
• Wrote grant applications and obtained grants to fund book purchases, marketing/advertising and program books.
• Designed program materials.
Pottsville Free Public Library, Pottsville, PA 2006-2007
Outside the Margins: Making Altered Books
• Developed syllabus for public art project.
• Instructed artists and students.
• Developed and maintained class weblog.
• Organized silent auction of books to benefit the library.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “A Few Rants (and some details) about Rage, John O’Hara’s Pennsylvania,” Second Annual Harrisburg Book Festival, Midtown Scholar, November 2011
• Listening to Water The Susquehanna Watershed Anthology. Cover Artist. 2006
• Story, Image and Music. 2006.
• Hyperfiction, Creative Writing for Screen Space. 2006.
• This is Painting? (Interactive presentation, digital art). 2006.
• COALlective Art Multimedia Presentation, Canals, Railroads & Coal History Symposium, Eckley Miners Village, PA, 2006 and Action in Place Conference, Vermont, 2005.
• Oh! What a Web We Weave. Art Teacher Evidenced Ideas, Resources and Proven Possibilities for the Secondary Art Teacher. Jodi A. Patterson, 2005, p 36-37.
• O’Hara Works Endure Time, Criticism. Article and curriculum questions, Schuylkill County Chronicles 2004 and Beyond, educational supplement for high school students.
• Coal Mining in American Literature, Art and Song. 2004-2008.
• A Tribute to O’Hara and Other Stories. Author, short story collection, McKeever Publications, 2000.
• All Writing is Regional. Lecture delivered for John O’Hara celebration, Pennsylvania, 2005.
• Convergence Design. Author of critical overview Convergence Design: Creating the User Experience for Interactive Television, Wireless and Broadband. TEKKA online new media publication, VOl. 1, No. 3, 2004. http:/www.tekka.net
• Reclamation: A One Woman, One Act Play. Author/Actor, Goddard College, Vermont, 2003.
• Guest Author. East Tennessee State University Celebration of Books and Authors, ETSU, Johnson City, TN, 2002.
- Viewbug, “Well-Done” Award, “Dawn,” photograph, July 2013.
- Viewbug, “Thumbs Up” Award, Practice,” a photograph, March 2013.
- Woman in History Award, YWCA of Pottsville, PA, 2006.
- 2003-2005 Individual Creative Artist Special Opportunity Stipend, fiction writing, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
- Numerous regional, state and national journalism, creative writing and photography awards, 1990 – 1996.
- Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, Juried Member
- Art Association of Harrisburg
- Daily Painters of Pennsylvania, Juried Member
- Mixed Media Art Group. Juried Member
Portfolio and References Available Upon Request